Regulatory Compliance Engineer
9401 Waples St #100 San Diego, California 92121
Title of Job: Regulatory Compliance Engineer
Company Description: A.I. company specializing in the development of self-driving technology.
Location: San Diego, CA
Start Date: 02/19/2018
- Collaborate with hardware and software engineers to create regulatory test plans and procedures
- Perform testing or provide supervision of technicians to complete testing
- Analyze and communicate test results
- Ensure compliance of applicable agency product and safety standards (IEC, UL, CSA, ETL, CE, ANSI, ISO, SIL, etc…)
- Represent and position the company as an industry leader at standards and certification agency meetings and working groups related to mobile collaborative robotics
- Conduct hands-on product safety reviews and support product certification programs to achieve third-party safety agency certifications.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise in the areas of safety and product compliance during the product development cycle.
- Identify, request, and order regulatory testing equipment
- Review the content of product safety literature and product labels.
- BS/MS degree in EE or ME
- 3+ years of experience as a Regulatory Compliance engineer
- Experience with standard professional test lab equipment and processes
- Strong hands-on mechanical, electrical, and electromechanical aptitude
- Experience with various IEC, UL, CSA, ISO, CE, and ANSI standards
- Knowledge of EMI and EMC measurement and mitigation techniques preferred
- Functional Safety Engineer certification and experience (EN ISO 13849 and EN 62061 desired)
- Experience in mobile robotics or industrial automation preferred
- Conducting and documenting functional safety evaluations to ISO and IEC standards
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and documentation skills
Salary: Mid-level; DOE.