Python Software Engineer
108 w 39 New York, NY 10022
Title: Sr. Back-End Python Developer
Type of Company: Creative Production Agency
Location: New York, New York
We are looking for an experienced developer to work with our client’ s e-commerce business. The ideal candidate would have experience with large Python/Django codebases and some experience or interest in Typescript and Node.js. As a Sr. Backend Developer, you’ ll be responsible for…
- Implementation of backend functionality on Django e-commerce websites as well as a few microservices in Django, Flask, and Express.
- Delegating work to less experienced developers.
- Mentoring less experienced developers through code review and pair-programming.
- Deploying and managing web services and infrastructure (DevOps) via infrastructure-as-code tooling.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, can work with the product team early on in a project, can plan and identify requirements, and can see a project through to completion.
- Develop server-side functionality in Python and Node.js
- Be a technical lead on projects, including digesting and documenting project requirements, breaking development tasks into smaller pieces, and delegating work to less experienced developers.
- Work together with other Sr. engineers to architect new projects.
- Deploy and manage web services using Docker, AWS, Terraform, and Ansible.
- Mentor other developers and help them to progress in their abilities.
- Manage multiple projects and deliverables occurring concurrently during a sprint.