Public Relations Manager
1401 16th Street San Francisco, California 94103
Title of Job: Public Relations Manager
Company/Job Description: JBCconnect is partnering with a fast growing industrial design agency.
Salary: Depending upon experience
Start Date: ASAP
This role works closely with internal leadership and clients to tell the story of our clients groundbreaking work and thought leadership to the general public and within the design community. The ideal candidate is very comfortable navigating ambiguity and understands the importance of developing relationships with press, clients and internal stakeholders to help determine our clients best stories and develop creative media outreach programs & strategies for telling them.
This role demands a person with initiative and drive, eager to develop new ideas in order to drive the many innovative facets of our business and our work. The Public Relations Manager should come prepared to develop and execute and thriving social media program, create exciting content for our website and blog, and bring a fresh perspective to our project launches and award submissions.
- Drive brand awareness through meaningful stories in relevant publications, speaking engagements and other high-visibility platforms.
- Develop global communications plans and ensure its execution, promoting new product and program announcements, company partnerships, and key business milestones working cross-functionally across the organization.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with members of the media and design industry partners as well as social influencers.
- Research and lead executive speaking opportunities across tech, consumer, design and business platforms.
- Counsel and manage executive media interviews.
- Management of all website content, including blog, case studies and email blasts.
- End-to-end coordination of press engagements, including photo and video shoots, interviews, speeches, exhibitions.
- Development of studio thought leadership, including speech writing, presentation building, and op-eds.
- Development of messaging around all design work, and creative oversight of content creation for media activations.
- Develop and manage PR budget to ensure that resources are invested wisely.
- Advise clients on media activations strategy for all design work, including oversight of client internal and external PR/Marketing teams.
- Support Program Managers in pitching and executing Go-to-Market work, including visual collateral, events, and outreach.
- Oversight over planning and execution for all client events.
- Develop winning submissions for global design awards (written material, creative content, imagery).
- Regular updating of our clients press kit.
- Create strategy and manage implementation for all social media channels, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Support in internal communications, including leading all staff meetings and corporate announcements.
- Direct oversight of external PR team(s).
- In your past life, you may have been in a leadership role in a PR agency, a freelance PR practitioner or an in-house PR manager. You know how to drive strategic media relations programs and campaigns and love to roll up your sleeves and work directly with reporters to drive stories that create impact for a business.
- Takes joy and pride in developing long-term relationships with a range of different people, from reporters to clients to the internal (our clients) community. Thinks of PR as a people-centered role.
- A minimum of 8+ years of PR and media relations experience. Agency and in-house experience preferred.
- A self-starter with the ability to work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment, and comfortable with non-hierarchical organizations.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, and a natural storyteller.
- Has a capability to build and sustain momentum, and an ability to keep an eye on the big picture while managing the details.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where every day is different.
- Has an optimistic, can-do approach. Embraces change and is excited about exploring new ground and trying new things.
- Has a natural passion or a curious mindset towards design, and can translate complex processes into simple and understandable terminology.