Project Manager Events
99 Park Ave New York, New York 10016
Title: Freelance, Project Manager
Location: Onsite, NYC
Duration: Freelance to Perm
The Project Manager, Creative Services provides primary project management and scheduling to the Creative Services Team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record to discuss, with demonstrable successes in exceeding client creative, multimedia objectives. The Project Manager will be the key liaison between the client and the on-site Multimedia Services Team. This person will be expected to manage all projects from inception through completion, while attending to all client needs and requirements with proactive and, at times, on the spot recommendations within creative priorities and schedules. Ideal candidates will be able to share their history of creative services excellence within similar working environments and also talk about MIS and project management systems they’ ve worked with in the past.
- Working on-site, with daily direct client contact, providing creative, production and all multimedia teams with informed strategies to create multimedia collateral and digital media that exceeds clients’ branding goals.
- Coordinate print projects, request quotes, and route invoices to appropriate parties for payment while working within a client MIS system for tracking and coordination.
- Provide clients with all required materials to facilitate multimedia project(s) processing, including: design brief, meeting recaps, scheduling, project instructions, etc.
- Actively participate in client creative discovery brief meetings, taking copious notes and recording all necessary documentation and timelines, while making appropriate, agile recommendations as needed in order to preplan the process to exceed brand expectations.
- Distribute action-item lists after client creative discovery meetings and follow up per all executions for project completion with scheduled reviews and checkpoints.
- Critique in-progress creative layouts for on-target brand messaging and creative, as well as ensuring that the desired marketing objectives are being met as compared to the creative briefs.
- Develop workflow procedures and improved quality control recommendations to handle complex and high-volume workloads – needing minimal supervision to stay on top of client workloads.
- Compile project related reports, any necessary corrective actions, and ownership of local Continuous Improvement projects, alerting all stakeholders as needed
- Maintains accurate project time for all staff members for all projects assigned, while utilizing the system to also coordinate and reconcile project quotes, estimates, budgets, proposals and billing.
- Apply all understanding of various customers’ creative multimedia needs to establish and maintain excellent customer relationships and work collaboratively to solve problems.
- Proactively participate in other multimedia initiatives (e.g., documenting processes, creating training manuals, customer education, etc.
- Act as backup Project Manager to other Project Managers.
- Must have experience with Events, Event Managment
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Undergraduate degree, with at least five years work experience as a Creative Project Manager in a multimedia services environment.
Well-rounded knowledge of print production, brand development, strategic planning and the design industry, including all design aspects of creative branding.
Strong project management skills with proven track record with strong and effective customer relationships and solution delivery.
Direct client experience.
Excellent interpersonal skills; experience and ability to work within cross-functional teams, internally and client-side.
Superior writing, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to listen for understanding.
Exceptional attention to detail.
Self-motivated, independent, creative, energetic, assertive approach, able to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment.
Proven leadership abilities demonstrated through high performance and participative management.
Complete understanding of the “ Big Picture,” allowing the candidate to make sound business decisions that benefit the team
Experience in utilizing data to create and track metrics.
Strong understanding of interactive media, including social media and mobile app development.
Knowledge of administrative software, including Microsoft Access; basic working knowledge of design or development skills/software (HTML, CSS, Photoshop, Flash, etc.)