601 W 26th Street New York, New York 10001
Job title: Project Coordinator
Company: Consumer Brands
Location: New York, NY
Contract duration: 3 months
• Maintain and update portfolio management system by creating new projects and plans in the system.
• Work closely with Project Manager for assigned portfolio.
• Work with cross functional team to plan and manage several small scale, high priority projects.
o Guide and facilitate project teams through project work flow process and ensure that activities are properly completed for each milestone.
o Support project team in ensuring that project information (such as scope, goals, resource analyses) are properly documented and archived in portfolio database.
o Help plan, organize and facilitate project meetings or events.
• Develop strong positive relationships with peer groups and key stakeholders within the team and external partners, to be able to share, teach, and institutionalize new PMO tools, systems, and procedures.
• Share and learn best practices within the team to help improve project team effectiveness and efficiency.
• Support Program Manager by helping to maintain portfolio management database for data completeness and accuracy.
• Bachelor’ s degree required.
• A minimum of 1-3 years experience
• Experience required in one of the following functional areas preferred: design management, engineering, research and development, planning, marketing, and/or operational function.
• Previous experience within consumer products, pharma, or medical devices preferred.
• Project management training and excellent planning and project management skills preferred.
• Project management certification a plus but not required.
• Strong experience using Microsoft Project and any other work management tools preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical aptitude with creative abilities.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.