Principal UX Designer
680 Folsom Street San Francisco, CA 94107
Title: Principal UX Designer
Location: San Francisco
Do you want to play a key role in the digital tranformation of a marque brand? The Principal UX Designer will lead the vision for features and functionalities across an entire channel, and realize the strategic vision through the conceptualization and design of engaging user experiences. Ideal candidates are recognized thought leaders in the industry who have a proven track record of leading and delivering elegant, world-class designs in a fast paced collaborative team environment. Candidates should have a minimum of 10 years of experience designing across digital channels. Strong candidates will be able to demonstrate a track record of advancing business goals and solving unmet user needs, leading and influencing in a cross-functional context, and using research and data driven decision making to inform the design of the experience. In addition to being an individual contributor, the Principal UX Designer will mentor the UX designers within their channel and guide their efforts to align with Macy’ s strategic vision. The candidate is responsible to perform other duties as assigned.
- Designs current and future channel user experience that meets long term and near term business goals and user needs (e.g. KPI’ s and user success metrics).
- Effectively collaborates with executives, managers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to define, conceptualize, and design user-facing products.
- Partners with the UX leadership team to define the channel experience and to ensure deliverables are consistent with the user experience design vision.
- Designs across web, mobile apps, and in-store environments, ensuring a consistent user experience across different platforms.
- Works through channel design problems from beginning to end: conceptualizes new products and features, designs storyboards, workflows, interactions, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and design standards based on business goals and user research.
- Champions user experience design throughout the company and contributes to making it an essential process for improvement and innovation.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and thought leader on user experience design across the company (including assigned channel, the CX organization, and other organizations), as well as the broader design community (e.g. presenting at conferences, writing articles, teaching, etc.).
- Mentors user experience designers across the company.
- Development and execution of UX design vision and deliverables within your assigned channel.
- Strategic thinking, developing POVs and UX design vision.
- Collaboration & communication with all projects and initiatives to ensure consistency and clarity.
- Monitor and evaluate UX deliverables of UX design team members, development of team members.
- Personal development.
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Thought leader on user experience design issues and topics, tireless advocate of the customer, influence on project vision and implementation, advisory role for cross-functional teams and groups.
- BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years UX/UI design experience across consumer mobile applications, websites, or retail stores.
- Must have a strong user experience design portfolio that clearly demonstrates consumer oriented user experience design solutions for complex problems.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with all levels of business leaders; ability to influence and cultivate strong relationships with key business stakeholders and executives in the organization.
- Excellent negotiation skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate among peers and to executive leadership.
- Strong ability to inspire, develop, and coach team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and interpret business and technical documents.
- Create and present documentation, findings and points of view material.