Principal Systems Engineer
9401 Waples St #100 San Diego, California 92121
Lead Systems Engineer
This position is for a Senior Systems Engineer. The qualified candidate will be leading a multi-disciplinary engineering team, in a rapid development environment to integrate, deploy, and support complex systems across a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer platforms.
Tasks include technical lead of multiple OEM integration efforts, engineering requirements development, performing software/firmware/hardware integration, regression, verification, and validation testing.
- Technical lead of multiple autonomy system integration efforts onto existing OEM platforms
- Support Program Managers in project planning, risk assessment, RACI charts, and execution
- Create and derive requirements based upon business and customer needs
- Develop and/or contribute to architectures, designs, or algorithms for products
- Release and control engineering documentation using ECR/ECO processes
- Hold technical design reviews, HARA, FMEA, FEA, reliability testing, etc.
- Drive qualification, acceptance, and functional testing requirements for electrical and mechanical systems
- Provide work and design direction for external design consultants and companies
- Interface with domestic and international suppliers and contract manufacturer to procure and fabricate electrical and mechanical components
- BS/MS in Engineering or other technical field
- 10+ years’ experience in an engineering role
- Current US work authorization
- Experience in system level design of products including hardware, firmware and software
- Experience leading cross-functional engineering teams and technical integration efforts
- Comfortable communicating directly with external partners, contractors, and manufacturers
- Experience specifying mechanical, electrical, and software interfaces between hardware and software elements of the system
- Experience creating/deriving requirements based upon business and customer needs
- Familiar with standards based product development and functional safety
- Experience guiding the work of others and directly supporting third party vendors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar working with various agency standards like IEC, UL, ETL, CE, ANSI, MIL and NEMA, etc.
- Experience desired dealing with various thermal, shock, vibration, and ingress protection techniques and able to apply them to electronics modules and enclosure packaging
- Familiarity with design of electronics PCBAs, module packaging, and cabling
- Limited domestic and international travel will be required (20% of time)