Principal Data Scientist, Search
157 Yesler Way Seattle, WA 98104
Title: Principal Data Scientist, Search
Location: Seattle, WA
Company: Deep-Linking Startup
JBC is looking for a Principal Data Scientist- Search for our client who has created a big-data deep-linking platform. You will be working closely with a small number of Data Scientists, Search Scientists and Engineers to develop, and deploy everything related to search.
You will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of Open Source and leading-edge technologies. They work with technologies such as: AWS, Spark, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, and open source ML frameworks).
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Propose, develop, prototype and deploy new tools/technologies related to:
- Query understanding/NLP
- Result ranking/feature generation
- Content extraction
- Knowledge generation/data mining
- Search system design
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- 7+ years industry experience in search or data science
- Experience with major ML frameworks
- Experience with recent NLP/text processing tools such as: spaCy, ELMo, BERT, Stanford NLP, or others
- Proficient in Python
- Ability to summarize and communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Familiar with Spark, SQL and data pipelines is a PLUS!
- Experience working with Database/storage systems like: Postgres, Druid, Elasticsearch is a PLUS!