Rockefeller Plaza New York, New York 10012
Job Title: Photo Editor
Company: Broadcast Media
Location: New York, NY
Length: 12 months'
- Fulfills online needs for editorial stories, show packages/promotion, galleries, sweepstakes, and banners while maintaining technical and visual standards.
- Locating and downloading hundreds of images per week from our online wire accounts.
- Acts as a liaison between the art, editorial, and marketing departments by researching and locating the best images in the creation and enhancement of upcoming features.
- Able to resize, retouch and color correct photos, as well as imputing photos into a proprietary image management tool.
- Complete various annual assignments such as award show packages; film festivals packages and various other large events.
- Continuously researching new ways of enhancing the photo department’ s capabilities to meet the online needs.
- Contacts publicists, agents, movie studios and TV networks for photography assets to promote network shows and support online and banners as needed.
- Have the ability to negotiate usage fees with paparazzi agencies and stock photography agencies when needed.
- Organizes and maintains the constantly growing photo archive daily.
- Experience with digital photography and a strong eye for photography a must. Passionate about news, familiar with all of the Web' s top news sites and blogs, and with current entertainment news
- Minimum 2 years of editorial/research experience, preferably in the entertainment business or equivalent.
- Experience using online paparazzi & stock photography sites as well as entertainment media press sites.
- Familiar with photo rights & clearances.
- Mac & Internet literate and expert level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent communication skills a must.
- Organized, able to handle the pressure of a fast-paced environment and still maintain a strong attention to detail.
- Creative, self-motivated, organized, and able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Applies creativity and innovation to work processes.
- Willingness to be collaborative and take direction.
- Prepared to work overtime and weekends when necessary.
- Passion for Pop Culture necessary.