Permanent - Software Engineer - Python
116 Baker Street London, Greater London
** EQUITY OPPORTUNITY WITH AMAZING FINTECH START-UP **
A new start-up FinTech business in London is already set to massively change the playing field when it comes to Investments / Private Equity and Portfolio Management and having already received their first round of funding they’ re looking to expand their small team at a pivotal point of growth! This is a role AT THE TABLE with Equity, Great Salary and you' ll have a very important voice in the business.
The current team in London is just around 10 people, and they already have investors showing huge interest in their global problem solving piece of technology.
As a Software Engineer, you will focus on software infrastructure and DevOps efforts. Your primary day-to-day will include;
- Solving your own set of problems
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure fluid relationships with the different codebase areas
- Use your SOLID Python skills to orchestrate code reviews, automate your workflow, design, implement and test object orientated code
Whilst this will be your primary day, there’ s a ton of secondary roles you will be a massive part of including;
- Handle large-scale cloud infrastructure on AWS
- Contribute to data modelling, maintain data pipeline
- Implement Machine Learning Models at Scale
- Contribute to the NLP Efforts (imperative to the overall business mission)
- As part of the first members of the team you will be a major influencer in the business and expected to contribute to Strategy, Culture and Product Development – you will have a big voice!
Primary Responsibilities (You’ ll be doing ALL of these);
- Implement robust software solutions to support large-scale data processing requirements.
- Automate and maintain continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Rigorously review algorithms developed by data scientists so that they are ready for production. These reviews are carried out via GitHub pull requests.
Secondary Responsibilities (You’ ll be doing SOME but NOT ALL of these):
- Contribute to the back-end efforts, which are written in Python and utilize SQL databases.
- Improve MapReduce pipeline, which utilizes Spark, airflow, and other related software to scale machine learning and efforts.
- Construct internal dashboards and metrics to monitor data quality and track progress.
- Implement machine learning models in scalable frameworks like Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras, etc.
Required Technical Skills:
- Strong software ENGINEERING background, both in design and implementation.
- Evidenced experience building software projects, ideally with open-source contributions and projects on GitHub, GitLab, or any other software hosting site.
- Experience using Git in a team setting.
- Fluency in Python.
- Fluent in object-oriented programming, including familiarity with design patterns and best practices.
- Well established coding style.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Confident Linux user, especially with remote environments
- Experience processing, storing and accessing large datasets.
- Experience working with ML code.
- Fluency in a language other than Python.
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changes in priority, with the understanding that process and structures are not rigid at an early stage start-up
- Comfort with uncertainty - where others see unchartered territory you see the opportunity to innovate
- The desire to work in an idea meritocracy, where all ideas are welcomed and the only metric is quality.
If you’ re interested in this opportunity please contact Matt at JBCconnect – firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a really exciting role, and when you see the potential this product has, you will definitely want to be a part of it!