. McLean, VA 22043
Company Description: digital solutions tech startup
Location: McLean, VA
- Collect and enter payroll information in the system and work with third-party payroll vendors to initiate direct deposits to employees.
- Assist in transitioning the existing payroll system (ADP) to UltiPro.
- Monitor and update approved employee changes in salary, insurance coverages, exemptions, voluntary deductions, and taxes.
- Update payroll system with employee new enrollments and contribution changes from the 401k third-party provider.
- Respond to payroll inquiries from employees, management, and external sources.
- Reconcile payroll information from company' s bank account and General Ledger, resolving any discrepancies as needed.
- Compile, review, and provide Accounting with reports necessary to record salaries, taxes, and deductions to the accounting system for each pay period.
- Review all payroll related reports for reasonableness filed by the third-party payroll provider.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local legal payroll requirements to have the tools necessary to monitor the third-party payroll provider and advise management of any required changes.
- Completed Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Min. of 5+ years experience managing payroll for a mid to large-sized company; additional startup experience is a plus!
- Experience with UltiPro system is ideal.
- Experience with ADP preferred.
- Experience with payroll system migrations preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Competitive Salary Base
- Stock Equity Opportunities
- Excellent Health Insurance Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan + Matching %
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Observed Company Holidays