2009 43rd Ave E Seattle, WA 98112
TITLE: Packaging Designer
LOCATION: Greater Seattle Area
TERMS: Contract (potential to convert)
- Work with team to develop design concepts, gather information, discuss alternatives, gain approval and review design specifications.
- Fluency in moving from understanding and interpreting strategy to developing initial concepts. This also includes working with brand guidelines to guiding implementation across a range of different applications for digital, packaging and print.
- Excellent understanding of form, structure, and materials, and ability to articulate clear information by hierarchy and design for conceptual, refinement, and final art phases of package design.
- Creating concepts and layouts for packaging innovation and research.
- Executing designs conceptualized by other designers, and extend previously established formats with specific direction.
- Prepare design layouts, specifications and die-lines/mechanicals for retail packaging and other printed, graphic materials.
- Develop presentations to convey design solutions to stakeholders and leadership.
- 4+ years of creative experience in design (agency or in-house)
- Bachelor’ s degree (or equivalent experience) in design
- Strong proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, e.g. Illustrator and Photoshop
- Exceptional conceptual design capabilities and organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communications
- Good presentation skills that include the ability to explain and substantiate design direction
- Bachelors or Master’ s degree in Design, Advertising, or related fields preferred.