500 Fashion Ave Fl 17b New York, New York 10018
Title: PR Manager
Company: Evening wear & Special Occasion Fashion Apparel Company
Location: New York
- Develop a robust pitch strategy around the editorial calendar to secure consistent monthly editorial placements both in print and online.
- Identify quarterly Social Influencer targets and negotiate placement contracts.
- Negotiate seasonal high profile celebrity seeding activations for red carpet and events.
- Secure monthly backlinks with relevant and reputable digital outlets in fashion, celebrity, and business intelligence spaces.
- Lead the operations of our annual ‘ Oscar’ s Red Carpet Viewing Party Event’ by securing the host, media partner, brand partner, and event sponsors, as well as curating the influencer guest list, following up on all deliverables, placements, and ROI.
- Oversee the audience growth and editorial direction of the Faviana lifestyle blog, Glam & Gowns.
- Oversee the audience growth and content production for SnapChat, Instagram and Twitter and socially listen to our audience on Brand24.
- Manage budget and conduct quarterly and annual PR ROI reports.
- Contribute strategically and operationally to the ‘ Faviana Foundation’ initiatives: Women’ s Leadership Conference, Essay Contest, and Upcycle Program.
- Maintain the PR Archive, Press Clippings, Showroom Appointments, and Sample Tracking.
- Circulate weekly ‘ As Seen On’ mailers and the official weekly ‘ PR Recap Reports’ internally to the company and to various stakeholders.
- Maintain a pulse on competitor analysis and consumer market opportunity in the USA and UK.
- Supervise the Marketing Coordinator, PR Intern and Blog Intern.
- BA in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- 3-4 years of Public Relations experience in the fashion industry; preferably agency experience.
- Must have existing & outstanding relationships with editorial, stylist, and celebrity contacts/teams.
- Experience with Blogger & Influencer placements, negotiations and contracts.
- Celebrity seeding experience.
- Event Planning and Event Sponsorship experience.
- Licensing and Brand Partnership experience.
- Knowledge of WordPress, blogging, and use of keywords.
- Strong presentation and PowerPoint skills to demonstrate PR ROI.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and have a persistent, passionate, energetic and outgoing personality who thrives on cold calling, networking and building meaningful relationships.
- Outstanding writing & pitching skills that demonstrate a passion for fashion, beauty, awards season, celebrity and pop culture as well as knowledge in dress construction, silhouettes, fabrics, and colors. Must understand the editorial calendar and have the ability to use enticing CTA language that will resonate both with editors and with our target demographic.
- Understanding of promotional campaigns within a marketing cycle and must possess the ability to think strategically, conduct research and contribute to the marketing team & campaigns.
- Timely and professional communication skills (both verbal and written) with internal team and external vendors and stakeholders.
- Thorough understanding of Social Media including Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Polyvore.
- Knowledge of Cison, Muckrack, Mailchimp, Listrak, Fashion GPS, Brand24, BrandChamp, Google Analytics, Magento, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign is a plus.
Salary: commensurate with experience