Operations Business Partner
95, Victoria Road London Nw10 6DJ
To provide a proactive, professional and comprehensive HR service across the DACH region ( Germany, Benelux, Austria and Switzerland) and to work closely with the EMEA HR team in providing support to Divisional Managers & Directors/Heads of Department in their divisions’ strategic development and achievements of key business objectives.
The business partner leads and manages the people related agenda for the internal client groups through the full employee life-cycle, as well as leading change management projects, supporting managers with organisational design and creating ongoing talent and career pathing activities.
Duties include -
• Establish excellent relationships with all managers in client group to understand their business goals, strategic objectives, structures and people needs
• Participate in appropriate meetings by division to contribute to the people agenda
• Work with Managers to identify talent and / or poor performance within teams and ensure appropriate actions in place to address
• Broad HO perspective to champion new initiatives and support current business priorities ensuring right people in place to deliver
• Support the development of a coaching culture
• Build a good relationship with the works council, balancing with the needs of the business
• Works with the Talent Acquisition team on relevant recruitment activity within own market
• Partners with line managers to ensure induction and onboarding for all new joiners to ensure an exceptional experience for all
• Takes measures to proactively nip ER issues in the bud, hence avoiding ER issues
• Supports and encourages Managers to foster excellent employee relations by encouraging open communication, employee engagement and team working
• Able to expertly support and coach managers through any issues or queries with their team in line with company policy
• Well versed in DACH and Benelux employment law, identifies risks and takes action to minimize any possible claim
• Supports Managers fully in all disciplinary, grievance and ER processes, ensuring any risks are minimized
• Works with Employee Relations Manager to review and deliver new policy / policy updates, and supports their implementation within population
• Work with compensation and benefits centres of excellent to deliver services to the business
• Work with C&B during bonus and merit review processes as well as salary benchmarking etc.
• Partner with finance to ensure business stakeholders stay within resource budgets
• Support finance with annual budgeting processes
• Increase Promotions and internal moves
• Maintained 70% direct recruitment and keep agency fees to a minimum
• Development opportunities for employees
• Employee turnover
• Drive Equity Inclusion and Diversity
• Formal HR qualification
• Broad HR generalist experience ideally working with both retail and office client groups within the DACH and Benelux region
• Sound Employment law knowledge & application, ideally experience with managing Works Councils
• Use of HRIS Systems
• Intermediate / Advanced MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Proficient in use of MS Outlook
• Fluent (written and verbal) in German and English. Dutch would be added value.
• Ability to travel between sites in Benelux, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and UK where required, occasionally at short notice.
The company are market leaders with a loyal consumer base and offer an excellent salary / benefit package including bonus