Online Trading Manager
5 Chandos Road London, Greater London NW10 6DJ
An experienced Online Trading Manager (with a strong Merchandising background) is required for this quintessentially British Apparel Brand. You will play a critical role in supporting the growth and product strategy for our online selling channels.
This role forms a key bridge between the product merchandising teams and Ecommerce team to ensure the product planning strategy and online customer experience is optimised to drive clear commercial return. The role includes both strategic planning as well as weekly trading decisions.
• Implement and track performance of ecommerce growth strategy through weekly performance review on product with merchandise teams.
• Share the forward planning on focus categories to drive focus in Ecommerce team through stock planning, content build, SEO key word approach and with the digital content and marketing teams to drive performance
• Stock management - Ensure size availability of core web lines is regularly being reviewed and highlight any risks or opportunities including effective web reserve management
• Identifies risks & opportunities in category performance across the various markets & channels. Responsible for taking appropriate action in conjunction with the relevant teams.
• International Promotional Calendar – working with the core and international team to ensure international websites are in line with the international stores and ensure all promotional activity is executed on time
• Uses the Ecomm forecasting tool as a working tool, ensuring it is aligned with business KPIs to provide insight on key web metrics. Ability to track performance in terms of product and also working with analysts to use web analytics for traffic, conversion, demand, dispatch and ATV
• Takes ownership of the digital channels and budgets, preparing and presenting seasonal category plans and strategy to the digital teams This includes range extensions, online exclusives and stock planning.
• Product Launch Process/ Web Availability – continually working with key teams to ensure all products are live on website for launch, and reviewing the process each season driving key actions to become more efficient
• Continually monitor returns working with the digital teams to drive key actions to help reduce YOY volume and provide key feedback to the B&M teams
• Provide clear action oriented monthly trend insight through Edited, GA summary and business insight tools to learn lessons and improved forward planning discipline.
• Works well as part of a team, has strong communication skills and is able to build strong working relationships
• Passion for Fashion!
• Strong numerical skills
• Good working knowledge of Excel including pivot tables & Lookups
• Previous Head Office Retail experience at Merchandiser or Junior Merchandiser Level
• Previous Head Office Retail experience in Ecommerce
The company offer an excellent salary / benefit package and a strong career path