Node Back End Engineer
675 Avenue Of The Americas Fl 6 New York, NY 10010
Title: Node Back End Engineer
Company: Health, Wellness, Fitness
Location: New York, NY
The Node Software Engineers will leverage your knowledge to develop new consumer focused products using modern Engineering such as Continuous Integration and Deployment. As a developer your code, designs and decisions will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight lots of users.
- Deploy Node.js code on your first or second day
- Design and implement low-latency, highly available and performing applications that scale for millions of users.
- Apply creative problem solving skills to build out new features and iterate on existing features.
- Build out REST-ful endpoints and lightweight aggregation layers
- Increase test coverage via unit tests and integration tests
- Help define architectures and design patterns
- Actively participate in PR reviews in GitHub
- Participate in Scrum sprint ceremonies
- Work closely with product, QA and UX teams to design the best solutions for our consumers
- NoSQL database experience such as MongoDB, CouchDB or Cassandra.
- Real world web and API development experience
- Experience with web services API integration (REST or SOAP)
- Understanding of general user experience and UI design principles.
- Ability to understand requirements and map to technical implementation.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Strong track record of shipping products
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
Salary: Commensurate with experience