3710 S. Robertson Blvd. Culver City, CA 90232
Los Angeles, CA(West LA)
Who are we?
Our client is a startup that is funded by prominent VC funds such as FirstMark Capital (Airbnb, Pinterest, Riot Games) and Upfront Ventures (Maker, TrueCar). Our data insights have been referenced by many publications including Bloomberg and CNBC. Sense360 was founded by successful repeat entrepreneurs.
We are transforming the way businesses make decisions by combining massive, disparate datasets and turning them into accessible, actionable, and accurate insights that drive the strategic decisions that brands make.
What will you do?
You will be the owner of our iOS SDK and help on our Android SDK. This is not your traditional mobile dev role. Think of this role as a " back-end mobile engineer" role because the bulk of the challenges will involve developing features that run continuously in the background rather than building user interfaces. In addition, you will need to meet these challenges in a battery-efficient and privacy-friendly manner.
1. Real time surveys: Today we survey users a few days after they leave a restaurant. We want send surveys to users shortly after they physically leave a restaurant.
2. Improving our on-device visit detection algorithms: Working with our data science team, you will be tasked with improving the accuracy of our visit detection algorithms that fuse sensor readings on the phone in a stable, battery-efficient and privacy-friendly manner.
3. Automate sensor data collection and verification: You will build a QA automation system for testing how our SDK behaves across devices, platforms and OS versions. You will work to quantify how SDK operation and various sensors behave and whether they are within acceptable thresholds.
What do we look for?
- Engineers who thrive at Sense360 have a few key traits:
- Care about their work, their team and their company
- Heavy bias towards delivering value
- Expect their ideas to be challenged because they believe that the best ideas can come from anywhere
- View feedback as a gift that they give and receive
- 2+ years iOS development experience and good grasp of the iOS platform
- willingness to work on Android as well as Ruby on Rails web APIs that support SDK
- solid CS and testing fundamentals
- strong communication with engineers and non-engineers
- experience working in a startup or an extremely strong desire to do so