Marketing Data Scientist
44 Montgomery Street San Francisco, CA 94104
Role: Marketing Data Scientist
Location: San Francisco, CA
Pay: Dependent on experience
As a Data Scientist you enjoy working with large sets of data, transforming them, and solving complex problems. In this role you will help drive growth of the business through fact-based insights, data-driven analysis and optimization of the ecommerce experience.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize customer-data-based modeling (customer segmentation, inventory patterns, customer lifetime value, recommender, multi-touch attribution models).
- Build custom models to understand customer behavior, marketing analytics, inventory patterns, etc.
- Capture e-commerce KPIs and analyze trends over time. Perform deep dive analysis into specific KPIs to understand the underlying influences.
- Gather marketing data, provided insights and build predictive models that increase the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and make strategic recommendations to optimize marketing spend, business processes and maximize profitability
- Develop an understanding and/or have knowledge of SEO best practices and its impact on traffic and other metrics
- Partner with marketing team to identify targeted audiences digital media, on-site personalization, and one-to-one marketing (e.g., email, SMS, and direct mail) leveraging transactional data, online-browse behaviors, and 3rd parties.
- Lead business analysis of customer and business metrics. Provide guidance and frameworks for designing and developing models and analyses across multiple domains including marketing (online/offline marketing mix, multi-touch attribution, multivariate testing) and customer behavior (site traffic, purchase activity, acquisition/retention, predicting lifetime value).
- Bachelor' s degree required in Business, Economics/Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science or related field. Masters a plus.
- At least 5 years previous work experience in the Marketing Technology space with strong understanding and proficiency of predictive modeling and machine learning techniques.
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel and at least one of the following: R, and/or Python.
- Solid understanding of open source data mining/data visualization software packages (e.g. pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib) a plus
- Experience with Adobe Analytics (SiteCatalyst / Omniture), Google Analytics, Coremetrics is a plus