Marketing Data Scientist- Manager
10 San Francisco, CA 94025
Title: Marketing Data Scientist- Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
Company: Large Consumer Brand
As a Marketing Data Scientist- Manager you enjoy working with large sets of data, transforming them, and solving complex problems. In this role you will help drive growth of the business through fact-based insights, data-driven analysis and optimization of the ecommerce experience. With your strong analytic skills and a commitment to quality analysis, you will be a key member of the team where you will use a variety of tools and methodologies to turn raw data into customer insights and provide recommendations to improve the business.
Among other things, this role is responsible for developing, maintaining, and optimizing customer-data-based modeling (customer segmentation, inventory patterns, customer lifetime value, recommender, multi-touch attribution models). You will also develop analytical models to drive prospect and customer audiences for acquisition customer glidepaths, and tailored contact strategies. In addition, you will be tasked with defining and tracking metrics of success across the business, building predictive data products, and supporting the analytical needs of teams throughout the company
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Build state-of-the-art data analytics and reporting solutions to report on performance metrics, site engagement, conversion, marketing campaigns, financial reporting, web analytics, segmentation, customer journey, etc
- Develop both short-term and long-term strategy on how data is captured, stored, and leveraged in order to create a first-class data-driven organization
- Build out the monitoring framework, and own the full pipeline from ideation, design, implementation, to impact analysis
- Build custom models to understand customer behavior, marketing analytics, inventory patterns, etc.
- Capture e-commerce KPIs and analyze trends over time.
- Perform deep dive analysis into specific KPIs to understand the underlying influences. Manage the team dashboard that crosses all functions.
- Design and analyze rigorous experiments aimed at understanding customer behavior.
- Extract insightful information from messy and unstructured data in order to drive strategic decisions at the company.
- Engage with the e-commerce team to optimize website, channel performance and customer segmentation
- Manage projects from concept to completion, monitoring the status and facilitating timely communications.
- Maintain and optimize customer models, including identification of key behavioral and attitudinal variables to drive marketing effectiveness.
- Partner with marketing team to identify targeted audiences digital media, on-site personalization, and one-to-one marketing (e.g., email, SMS, and direct mail) leveraging transactional data, online-browse behaviors, and 3rd parties.
- Develop and maintain multi-touch attribution models across digital channels (e.g., paid search, display, affiliate, etc.
- Create and maintain reports detailing performance of key segments, audiences, brand effectiveness and communicate results to key stakeholders.
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Bachelor' s degree required in Business, Economics/Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science or related field. Masters a plus.
- 5+ years previous work experience with strong understanding and proficiency of predictive modeling and advanced analytics
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one of the following: R, and/or Python.
- Advanced Excel experience required.
- Superior research, statistical, analytical, processing and mathematical skills with ability to structure and conduct analyses.
- Organized, detail oriented and the ability to transform concepts into actionable plans.
- A love of all things data.