Manager of UX Research
108 w 39 ny, NY 10022
Company: Large Entertainment Company
Role: Manager of UX Research
Duration: Full Time
Pay: Dependent on experience
The Manager of UX Research is an integral part of the company, working as a core member of the Product Design team. The candidate will inform UX and UI design solutions for the multiplatform product suite across Global Entertainment; these include the full complement of Web and App experiences for high-visibility brands.
The candidate will be a key contributor throughout the product development process, working with designers, product owners, project managers, engineers and key stakeholders crafting user testing methodologies, hypotheses, test plans, and prototypes with the end-goal of validating UX/UI product design solutions through moderated, qualitative usability labs.
This role will have support from junior members of the team and report to the Vice President of UX & Product Design, working with design directors on a daily basis.
- Lead UX research, usability testing, and consumer insights learnings as part of Product Design Team
- Work with product owners, product designers, quantitative analysts, marketers, and content programmers across the Global Entertainment Product Group to proactively identify opportunities to bring the voice of the consumer into strategic and tactical product conversations
- Influence the direction of specific user research opportunities, drawing on subject matter expertise and insights from indirectly related initiatives to guide consideration towards the biggest/best opportunities for the matter at hand
- Lead prioritization of what we research, and when we research it. Use best judgment on whether to leverage rapid user testing, internal panels, or external vendors to gain user insights that map directly back to product opportunities
- Maintain working knowledge of external products that compete both directly and indirectly with Viacom for users’ time, and be able to speak to their feature set and user experience
- Summarize and analyze results and actionable/meaningful insights that drive design decisions leading to amazing user experiences
- Serve as an expert in digital and mobile video on-demand technology and trends, by going deep on user experience, business value to Viacom, broader market value, and potential threats/opportunities
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to translate research findings into easily digestible, actionable insights
- Experience with digital video products, technology, operations and industry, including processes and challenges
- 1+ year management experience