Manager of UX Design, App
680 Folsom Street San Francisco, CA 94107
Title: UX Manager
Location: San Francisco
Company: Iconic National Brand
- Strategic Management
- Leads and manages domain experience design vision that meets long term business goals and user needs (as measured by KPI’ s and user success metrics).
- Partners with product management and technology, and develops UX design vision for assigned domains (business units) that aligns to overall strategic vision for assigned domains.
- Partners with product management to define strategy success metrics for assigned domains, including business goals and user needs for assigned domains. Partners with user research management to define user success metrics for assigned domains.
- Evangelizes UX design vision and the importance of UX design across the company, and acts as spokesperson and representative to senior management and outside departments, advocating for UXD involvement across all customer touch points.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and thought leader on user experience design for assigned domain.
- Execution Management
- Leads and manages domain experience design implementation that meets near term business goals and user needs (as measured by KPI’ s and user success metrics).
- Oversees the user experience designs delivered by the UX design team for assigned domain and ensures business goals (as measured by KPI’ s) and user needs (as measured by user success metrics) are met.
- Partners with executives, product management, technology, customer data teams (e.g. consumer insights, analytics, etc.) and user research to define project success metrics for projects within assigned domains.
- Partners with product management and technology, and ensures that UX design projects for assigned domains are delivered on time, on strategy, and on budget.
- Develops and refines UX design processes that best support strategic alignment, speed, and efficiency of operationalizing user experience design for the assigned domain.
- People Management
- Leads and manages a team of UX Designers.
- Hires and retains top talent. Responsible for performance management of team members.
- Responsible for staffing resources for projects and ensures project deadlines are met by team members.
- Manages third party consultants and vendor relationships as needed.
- Develops the skills of UX design team members to support business needs and individual career aspirations. Develops talent through coaching and mentoring, and provides support and guidance to UX design team.
- Ensures team is trained onprocesses, methodologies, standards, and engagement models.
- Minimum 7 years UX/UI design experience across consumer mobile applications, websites, or retail stores with at least 2 years in a lead design role.
- BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design. Masters degree preferred.
- Strong thought leadership and UX design vision skills, including strong analytical, strategic, and conceptual design skills.
- Deep knowledge designing for mobile apps and responsive web experiences; well versed in user interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design.
- Strong ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions.
- Expert project management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development; ability to effectively delegate responsibilities and tasks to staff managers and designers.
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to attract and retain world class talent, as well as the ability to align resources to business needs while supporting the career development of staff members. Ability to inspire, develop, and coach team members.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with all levels of business leaders; ability to influence and cultivate relationship with key business stakeholders in the organization
- Exceptional negotiation skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate both business-facing and IT technology solutions among peers and to executive leadership.
- Sound business judgment: the ability to identify the business objectives, develop and implement a business strategy on projects; capable of making reliable business decisions during execution.
- Must have a strong portfolio that clearly articulates how complex problems are solved by your user experience designs.