Manager, Data Science
108 w 39 Tampa, Florida 33607
Job Title: Manager, Data Science
Company Description: Leading company in the Financial, Travel and Insurance industry
Location: Tampa, Florida
Manages a team of analytics experts and ensures the appropriate allocation of resources. Leads team to build statistical models and provide complex analyses in support of organizational strategy. Mentors direct reports on best practices for efficient coding and processing of huge data sets, as well as appropriate analytical approaches for various business problems.
- Develops and delivers multi-dimensional recommendations with strategic and/or bottom-line impact to senior business unit leaders.
- Collaborates with Data Integration and Information Systems teams to identify new sources of relevant data that can be integrated into the customer profile.
- Advises and provides assistance to mid-level through senior management in the areas of data sciences, advanced analytics and statistical modeling.
- Designs and manages data science projects. Implement the results of the analysis and monitor results for effectiveness/improvements.
- Manages a team of professional data science/advanced analytics analysts at varying levels.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or related field
- Experience managing a high performing team of data scientists
- 5-8 years of experience in data science and/or advanced analytics strategic analysis, including:
- 3-5 years managing direct reports
- 3-5 years of experience using tools for statistical analysis and programming (e.g., SAS, R, Python,) and querying (e.g., SQL/HIVE/SPARK).
- 3– 5 years of experience utilizing statistical techniques that are commonly employed in advanced analytics, such as logistic regression, multiple linear regression, cluster analysis, principal component analysis, discriminant analysis, and decision trees (e.g., CHAID and CART).
- 2-3 years of experience in experimental design & analysis and project management.
Salary: Based on Experience