Legal Counsel- Commercial Contracts (CONTRACT 12-18 months)
5742 Ferrier St, Mount Royal, Montreal, QC H4P 1MT
Legal Counsel- Commercial Contracts (CONTRACT 12-18 Months)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Iconic Beauty Brand Company
A Senior Legal Counsel position has become available at an iconic beauty brand, at their offices in Montreal, Quebec, Canada (remote working during COVID-19). This is a temporary contract position for 12-18 months with the possibility of turning into a permanent position due to the growth of the company.
Reporting to the General Counsel- Americas in Montreal, Canada, this role offers outstanding experience and career progression and this is an exciting opportunity for a meticulous team player with a background in Commercial Contracts and Corporate Law, making the next step in their career and looking to transition into a high-growth commercial environment.
The role encompasses a range of work, ranging from;
- negotiating commercial contracts with clients and vendors;
- working closely with internal services teams and the Company’ s clients’ legal and compliance teams;
- Manages and reviews contracts to ensure the organization complies with its obligations and its liabilities are mitigated
- dealing with evolving areas of law including corporate transactions/deal (M&A experience desired but not required) intellectual property, technology, data privacy/GDPR and employment.
- Law degree from top School
- Canada bar qualified
- 5 plus years counsel (in-house/law firm or combination of both)
- Bilingual (French/ English)
- Spanish is desired but not required (LATAM market work)
This well-respected cosmetic beauty brand is a recognized for its competitive benefits (and beauty perks!), unrivaled culture and work life balance. If you are a driven determined individual with the ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you!