Lead UX Product Designer- TX
America Tower, 2929 Allen Pkwy #1300, Houston, Texas 77019
Title: Freelance Lead UX Product Designer
Type of Company: Global Financial Products
Location: Houston, Texas
Start Date: February 2018
Rate: Commensurate with experience
- Create world-class product experiences. Take concepts and distill them into simple, usable solutions.
- Collaboratively sketching with other designers and developers to deliver high caliber solutions.
- Contribute to product strategy. Understand and contribute to the product strategy by distilling and presenting findings from your work.
- Gathering feedback and interacting on features once they are out in the wild.
- User first solutions. Carefully consider the user when designing all experiences.
- Own and be accountable for your team’ s culture and solutions.
- Provide oversight, guidance and ux strategy for quality solutions.
- Partner with teams in other locations to share best practices, contribute to the pattern library. and culture of the Experience Design team at large.
- Design and test product solutions while using data to inform and iterate on product concepts.
- Possible travel – less than 20%.
- A portfolio demonstrating functional, simple, and delightful user interfaces
- Expertise with Sketch and Invision
- Wireframing and prototyping
- Experience with system design, specifically using and helping to further develop a Pattern library
- Hands on experience with user research and usability testing
- Strong communication skills, extremely organized, and attentive to detail
- Minimum 4-5 years visual, UX, and/or product design experience
- Leadership experience for a team of 3 to 5 Experience Designers
- Ownership of the creative vision for a product design initiative, with multiple stakeholders and competing interests
- Experience animating prototypes in Principle, Framer, Flinto or similar
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Agile workplace experience
- Scrum certification or fluency in that process