Lead UX Designer
2 Penn Plaza 16th Floor New York, New York 10121
Title: Lead UX Designer
Type of Company: Entertainment company
Location: New York, NY
Duration: Full Time
Compensation: Dependent on experience
We are looking for a Lead (UX) designer to be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes to deliver new industry-leading user experiences on company website and Mobile App. This role will partner with internal resources to interpret guest needs and translate them into a customer-centric product.
• Work closely with the GM of website and Technology to lead the websitesUX strategy.
• Create and maintain the highest UX standards and practices.
• Lead new product and feature ideation and development, including:
- Gather requirements across multiple stakeholders and departments.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Collaborate with internal research team for user research, usability testing, reporting and recommendations
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Expert knowledge of user experience methods, innovation, ideation, storytelling, prototyping, design framework, concept visualization, problem-framing, and design principles
- A great portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills in user experience & product design
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present solutions cross departmentally both internally to developers, creative services and externally to outside stakeholders.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Analytical and resourceful with proven problem-solving abilities/mindset
- 7+ years’ experience.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’ s latest trends and technologies.
- Experience in live entertainment: sports, music and/or theater a plus
- Direct experience with large, complex organizations
- Experience with Mobile apps