Lead Software Engineer
108 Chapel Hill, NC 27515
Title: Lead Software Engineer
Company: Trading Data Analytics
Location: Chapel Hill, NC 27515
Type: Full Time Employment - offers a great base salary, fully subsidized medical/dental, 401K plan with company match, plus a great culture and much more!
****************NO visa sponsorship or transfer available****************
Seeking a Lead Software Engineer to architect scalable designs for applications accessing large financial data sets. This is a new office in Chapel Hill, North Carolina location, thus you will be part of building a team of 7 (including yourself). You will work along side our New York City employees and a team of exceptionally creative and intelligent developers and quants, collaborating daily to brainstorm and implement our next generation of data and analytic information products.
As the Lead Software Engineer you will be part of the hiring process for 3 Software Engineer team members you will be responsible for mentoring.
If you are a passionate Software Engineer with Leadership experience looking to embark a company and be passionate about our mission and the projects we create then look no more! We emphasize on quality over expediency.
As a member of our development team, you will have true ownership over your projects from beginning to end, with an emphasis on accountability over micromanagement.
Our Tech Stack:
- Languages: Java, Python - full stack - emphasis in Back End programming
- Databases: Postgres, SQLite, MS SQL Server, AWS Redshift
- Frameworks: Spring Boot, Angular
- Data Analysis: AWS EMR/Hive, Spark, Athena
The Software Engineer Will:
- Have at least 6 years of experience with Enterprise Java and leadership skills.
- Architect scalable designs for applications accessing large financial data sets
- Develop and unit test against that architecture
- Mentor other developers both in USA and overseas
- Conduct code reviews
- Assist with the troubleshooting of production support issues
- Enjoy the challenge of researching data issues to maintain quality in our large data sets
- Gain an understanding of the complex math associated with Options