Lead Software Engineer (New York)
1776 Broadway, Suite 1800 New York, NY 10019
Title: Lead Software Engineer
Location: New York, New York
Company Description: Financial Data
CANDIDATES MUST BE US CITIZEN OR HAVE GREEN CARD- Local candidates will only be considered!
JBC is looking for an enthusiastic team lead to mentor a small team of developers here in New York. You will be hands on, creative with the ability to help others while taking pride in your own work.
Seeking a Lead Software Engineer to architect scalable designs for applications accessing large financial data sets. You' ll work alongside a team of exceptionally creative and intelligent developers and quants, collaborating daily to brainstorm and implement our clients next generation of data and analytic information products. As a member of our development team, you will have true ownership over your projects from beginning to end, with an emphasis on accountability over micromanagement.
- Languages: Java, Python, C#, C++
- Databases: Postgres, SQLite, MS SQL Server, AWS Redshift
- Frameworks: Spring Boot, Angular
- Data Analysis: AWS EMR/Hive, Spark, Athena
- Have at least 6 years of experience in software engineering with demonstrated experience leading a team of developers
- Architect scalable designs for applications accessing large financial data sets
- Mentor and direct software engineers
- Participate in code reviews and assist with the troubleshooting of production support issues
- Enjoy the challenge of researching data issues to maintain quality in our large data sets
- Gain an understanding of the complex math associated with options
- A collaborative environment where everyone' s input makes a difference
- Paid time off: Vacation, Personal, Sick days, and Holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits (NJT, MTA, etc.) and 401k plan offered
- Full medical and dental insurance coverage
- A bright, open office in Midtown Manhattan near Columbus Circle and steps from Central Park with a great view of Times Square
- The usual drinks and snacks (and we' re still small enough to celebrate everyone' s birthday with cake!)