Lead Product Designer
375 Hudson St New York, NY 10014
Company: Well Known Advertising Company
Role: Product Design Lead
Location: NY, NY
Pay: Dependent on experience
Our growing Product Design team is seeking a full-time Lead, with a passion and hands on ability to turn complex industry challenges into useful, desirable, and dependable user-centered Advertising Technology experiences on a global scale. You will work along a team of smart, passionate, and empathic industry professionals to concept, design, and build innovative and industry-changing digital products that enable our agency teams to win in a very competitive marketplace.
- Creating user experience deliverables including: wireframes, sitemaps, user flows, user scenarios, data diagrams, and clickable prototypes
- Be a strong and vocal user advocate by evangelizing User Experience best practices, strategies, techniques, and methodologies throughout the organization
- Ensuring that your great ideas translate to the functional specifications and continue through the development process
- Partnering with other disciplines to solicit end user feedback throughout the product development lifecycle
- Implement user-centered research tactics throughout the design and development cycle using the best research methods based on goals, timeline, and resources
- This position is ideal for someone who is a “ roll up the sleeves” type of person, and who is just as comfortable leading interaction design on large scale projects as they are guiding and mentoring Sr. Designers on the team.
- You function best when working side-by-side with a multidisciplinary team of designers, product managers, data scientists and developers infusing the voice of the end user into a culture that thrives on design-led digital product creation.
- 5+ years of experience
- Ability to excel independently and within a collaborative team environment?
- The professional demeanor to communicate and articulate with product and agency stakeholders as well as with end users
- Ability to understand and to tell stories with data, verbally and visually using your excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills?
- Ability to deliver quality work against tight deadlines with grace and a healthy sense of humor
- Proficiency in tools such as Sketch, Omnigraffle, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Powerpoint, and Keynote
- Knowledge of front-end development technologies (HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Experience with complex data driven user interactions (advertising technology, finance, etc.)
- Some knowledge of the advertising industries complexities and challenges