Lead Back-End Developer - Order Management System
53 W 36th St Rm 902 New York, NY 10018
Title: Lead Back-end Developer – Order Management System
Company: Cosmetics Company
Location: New York, NY
Our client, a beauty and cosmetics company in NYC, is seeking a Lead e-Commerce Back-End Developer.
This position is the technical lead for their Order Management System and associated back-end systems and integrations, playing a key role in the implementation and execution of our e-commerce and marketing initiatives.
This person will be responsible for all aspects of development, including understanding business requirements, designing technical solutions, implementation, execution and maintenance.
- Architect back-end ecommerce projects in support of post-sale order management through multiple integrated systems end to end. This role is data and integration intensive.
- Application support lead for all back-end e-commerce PHP applications and integrations.
- Maintain overall system architecture, including data relationships between our order management system, our front-end system, and third-party solutions
- Lead internal resource interfacing directly with integrated 3rd parties and offshore development
- Own the refactoring, optimization, and hardening of our custom-built Order Management System hosted on AWS.
- Monitor and execution of Staging and Production Release Process including SQL execution and setting up cron services.
- Lead performance and scalability optimization
- Troubleshoot and correct issues affecting the customer experience or business operations
- Develop implementation standards to ensure quality
- 5 years’ experience with Ecommerce back-end processes including order flow, catalogs, product feeds, inventory management integrations, operational emails, and payment processing
- 2 years’ experience in managing a team of in-house and off-shore web developers
- Experience in code versioning and related tools, such as Subversion, Bitbucket, Git
- Familiar with agile methodologies