. Los Angeles, CA 90019
Company Description: medical and recreational cannabis company
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Support accountability and the meeting of deliverables.
- Indicate and create improvements to the process to streamline the reporting process and improve team efficiency.
- Assist to ensure a competent, trained staff through goal setting, development, and regular assessment.
- Support implementation and ensure adherence to the company' s accounting policies and procedures.
- Supervise and manage the Accounting team during the closing process ensure deadlines are met.
- Oversee all preparation and coordination of fiscal year-end audits.
- Assist with the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including forecasting and budgeting.
- Test and produce Ad Hoc financial reports.
- Create numerous procedures, policies, and technical accounting analyses.
- Deliver regular account reconciliation to completion.
- Develop relevant and timely reports on financial data analytics like the monthly reports, actual spending against budgets, outlook, and key financial metrics.
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting or Finance; Master' s preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant accounting work experience; CPA candidate preferred.
- Experience working for a publically held retail corporation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP.
- Understanding of SEC Reporting.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to offer good judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work independently, manage large workloads, and keep up with deadlines.
- Deep knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- Proficient in MS Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Competitive Salary Base
- Health Insurance Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Observed Company Holidays
- Employee Discounts