557 Broadway New York, New York 10012
Title: Java Lead
Location: New York, New York (Chelsea)
As a technical lead of Integration Services team, you will:
- Make architecture and design decisions as it affects the area of integration
- Work with business and product owners to build the next generation shared services platform serving multiple lines of business, products, markets, and geographies
- Assisting in the requirements collection and analysis, software design, development, troubleshooting, implementation and enhancement of new and existing software
- Contributing your expertise to support our engineering best practices standards.
- Mentor, grow and retain the team.
- Ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with business and technology groups
- Self-starter who is passionate about education and technologies
- He or she must be able to task manage and prioritize activities efficiently
- Must also be able to effectively communicate expectations and timelines in a timely and clear fashion and have strong written communication skills
- He/She will be detail oriented, organized, and have leadership experience
- The individual should have experience managing teams, influencing without direct authority, and leading a team of engineers
- The role requires design skills, sound judgment, and the ability to establish strong working relationships with business stakeholders and product owners
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team. Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others.
- Hands on experience with Java 8 and Spring Boot ecosystem.
- Must be familiar with Enterprise Integration Patterns and hands on experience with Apache Camel.
- Must be familiar with asynchronous messaging systems such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ.
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or Oracle.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests. TDD and ATDD experience a strong plus.
- Experience with CI/CD processes utilizing Jenkins and cloud infrastructures a plus.
- Experience with Version Control Systems such as Git or Subversion.
- Must have experience with designing and building highly available, scalable, and high volume customer facing applications.
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo).
- Attention to detail and the ability to think big.
- Demonstrated leadership ability as technical lead
- Project management experience with agile development methodology
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to assist in acceptance testing, load testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning as required.
- People management, team building and mentoring experience
- Exposure to AWS and Kafka is considered a plus.
Salary: Commensurate with experience