1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025
Title of Job: HR Specialist
Company/Job Description: JBCconnect is partnering with the world’ s largest social media platform and technology company.
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Salary: Depending upon experience
Start Date: ASAP, 8 month contract
- Partner with HRBP, Recruiting and People operations teams primarily in the NY office.
- Serve as primary HR contact to manage the day- to-day HR policies and programs
- Assess employee development needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions.
- Integrate and partner with HR colleagues in the Learning & Development, Compensation, HRIS, and HR Programs teams to implement solutions.
- Work with the business on on-boarding and various manager development programs.
- Partner with the business on key HR programs such as the performance summary cycle and employee engagement survey.
- Maintain ongoing employee files in Document Management System.
- Provide detailed information in the Desk.com request tracking system to serve as a history of all requests for each employee.
- Input data into workday and oversee audits to verify data discrepancies between systems.
- Produce ad-hoc reports in workday and the recruiting tool as requested.
- Support reorganizations and other large-scale projects that require HR data reports and updates.
- Provide support with employment verifications and work authorization processes as needed.
- Handle inbound employee inquiries, identifying need, processing necessary transactions and escalating issues as required.
- Prepare separation packets and conduct exit interviews with departing employees.
- Provide first level functional support to employees needing assistance with Employee Self Service (ESS) and Manager Self Service (MSS) for HR data related transactions.
- Take on projects as needed to support the HRBP and People Operations team.
- 3+ years experience as an HR Generalist in a technology, software, or Fortune 100 company with 2 years dealing in employee relations
- Exceptional customer service skills and proven ability to perform in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a highly visible role
- Experience with data analytics and Excel is essential to this role
- Experience should include a focus on manager coaching, performance management, employee relations and data analytics/reporting.
- Candidate must have demonstrated project management skills and ability to drive programs independently.
- Must have strong communication skills, including facilitation experience.
- Comfort with building relationships at all levels of the organization, strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent understanding of the technology, social media, or Internet business preferred.
- Complete special projects by clarifying project objective, setting timetables and schedules, conducting research, and developing and organizing information.
- Manage client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements
- Comfortable advising management on needed actions.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must possess ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy.
- Capable of exercising independent judgment and discretion while utilizing company policies and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Ability to interact with all levels of a professional organization.
- Ability to work independently and require little instruction on the day-to-day work.
- Experience with Workday or HRIS system is strongly preferred.
- Previous shared services experience strongly preferred.
- Strong computer skill including proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Strong Excel skills including the ability to create pivot reports, vlookups, and charts/graphs.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-starter and fast learner requiring minimal direction.
- Other Requirements:
- 4+ years HR / HRIS experience preferred at a Fortune 500 company