Freelance Script Reader/Story Analyst
5808 Sunset Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90028
Our client, a global streaming service, is looking for a script reader to review finished films and script packages and strategically buys projects that need deeper development. Our rate of submission receipt is fairly consistent but tends to increase around film festivals (particularly Berlin, Cannes, TIFF, Sundance), etc.
- Read and return coverage in a timely manner
- Be accessible and responsive via email for submission assignments
- Be familiar with our team' s previous and current films
- Be up to date on our teams creative and buying strategy
- Evaluate not just the literary content of the script, but also consider the project in the context of our slate, economics and talent attachments. This requires a deep knowledge of department strategy, and industry talent/executives.
- Be able to give concise and decisive PASS/ CONSIDER coverage. We don' t accept " Pass with reservations," etc.
Candidates must be able to work a minimum of 30 hours a week.