Freelance Project/Operations Manager
108 w 39 New York, NY 10022
Title: Senior Operations Project Manager
Company: Lifestyle and Consumer Goods
Location: New York, New York
Our client, a lifestyle and consumer good company in NYC, is seeking a Senior Project/Operations Manager
Manager with the following background (s):
• Retail development
• Store operations
• Merchandise operations
The ideal candidate will have retail development, store planning, HR, Customer service, and/or hospitality experience. This person MUST have experience with CONSUMER BRANDS.
- Lead, develop and support initiatives related to brand, program, people, process and systems.
- Perform stakeholder analysis and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure projects are aligned to business objectives and goals.
- Develop business cases and define program objectives, requirements and governance structure.
- Serve as a strategic partner to align cross-functional teams to agree upon business goals that meet project and program objectives for brand, program, people, process and systems.
- Guide teams through the operationalization of programs and development of processes, operational tools and systems to support the future state.
- Create an execution strategy, translating high level goals into digestible next steps.
- Oversee change management and communications plans.
- Facilitate project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc.), and communicate action steps to the broader team. Produce executive level and team read-outs that reflect insights with facts and analytics.
- Develop, maintain, and review all project documentation including project roadmaps, timelines, status reports and post launch reviews.
- Bachelor’ s degree.
- 10+ years of strategy, project, and/or product management experience.
- Prior experience with consultative role, retail or brand-centric organization.
- Strong appreciation for brand and the internal and external customer experience.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects well.
- Project Management certification or extensive experience managing large projects.
- Display a fluid use of tools and presentation materials to convey ideas and concepts (process flow charts, project plans, presentations)