Freelance Product Designer II
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Company: Large Well-Known Social Networking Company
Role: Product Designer II
Duration: 6 months, with possibility to extend to one year
Location: Menlo Park
What You’ ll Do
- The work you do will have disproportionate impact on the workflow of our multiple sales organizations that serve 8M advertisers globally and, in turn, the business.
- You’ ll partner with cross-functional teams to understand, ideate and iterate on design solutions for some of the most complex problems facing our users.
- You’ ll influence and shape the product by prioritizing and pushing for thoughtful design directions grounded in research and data to positively impact the experience across the web product.
- You’ ll champion data-driven design and seek to validate your solutions to de-risk your work, rapidly ideating, concepting and prototyping solutions at the right level of fidelity, with the right tools.
- You’ ll work within the existing design system patterns and paradigms and, when necessary, work with platform and systems teams to extend or create new patterns that scale.
- You’ ll wrangle the complex Ads ecosystem, leveraging the collective knowledge of our teams as well as proactively ramping up on existing research and industry trends.
- Provide critique to others, seek and receive feedback graciously.
- You are a full-stack Product Designer with extensive experience as an individual contributor on a Product Design or UX team, and a track record of creating high quality experiences across desktop and mobile interfaces.
- You have an outstanding portfolio, showcasing a strong foundation in the Product Design stack (Product Thinking, Interaction, UI and Visual Design) articulated through a well-informed, nimble process and evidenced by the impact of your work.
- You are product, business, and user focused; You empathize with our users and translate business goals into clear, focussed experiences.
- You are a natural at collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic environment.
- You have extensive experience with low and high-fidelity prototyping as a means to explore, convey and test design solutions.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills; You’ ll articulate your design decisions on and off paper, as well as creating written summaries to communicate and share project plans, insights/findings, etc.
- Experience with both consumer and enterprise design a plus!