Freelance Partnerships Marketing Manager
100 Main St Menlo Park, CA 94025
Title: Freelance Partnerships Marketing Manager
Company: Social Media and Technology Company
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Duration: 9 months
Our client is looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to join their Education and Empowerment team.
This individual must be passionate about serving underrepresented communities to accelerate their economic development. Through various marketing and programming efforts, the individual will also be responsible for marketing across many audiences, from small businesses, non-profits, developers, creatives, and influencers. By supporting the various aspects of the program team, they will enable our teams to scale the program and grow its roots more firmly in the community. You will work cross-functionally with Creative, Diversity, Policy, Legal, Communications, and Product teams to develop ways to drive awareness and engagement with the audience, increase our team’ s impact, and amplify stories from the community.
The successful candidate will have experience working with this or similar audiences, as well as leading cross-functional efforts.
- Lead the development and execution of a marketing strategy for this audience including positioning and outbound marketing strategy to drive awareness and engagement with the program.
- Develop a narrative along with the voice and tone for our program communications efforts.
- Develop an understanding of the audience, including identifying changing behaviors, trends and opportunities.
- Manage and optimize multiple outbound online and offline channels (email, Facebook ads, onsite placements, SEM, events, etc.) to drive performance across a variety of audiences.
- Support the team with development of marketing collateral and case studies.
- Work closely with the program team and contracted vendor agencies to develop program materials.
- Get buy-in and work cross-functionally with Diversity, Policy, Legal, Communications and Product teams to drive awareness and engagement with the audience.
- Work across programs and products to prioritize marketing needs. Execute outbound marketing efforts by project managing timelines, owners, and tasks.
- Support the maintenance and organization of marketing finances (budget management, PO & SOW creation and processing).
- Comfort with traveling domestically (with potential international travel) ~20-30% of the time.
- Experience in digital marketing within the technology and/or education industry.
- 4+ years of experience in marketing.
- Experience leading, influencing, and providing direction to cross-functional teams, including creative and analytics teams.
- Bachelor' s degree in Business, Marketing, Social Sciences, or other related discipline.
- Experience marketing to small businesses, nonprofits or similar audiences.
- Experience with outbound marketing across a variety of channels.
- Experience synthesizing and communicating with data to drive change.
- Experience driving marketing tactics with measurable impact, that are continually refined, improved, and scaled to best serve audience needs