Freelance Graphic Designer
108 west 39th New York, NY 10018
Job Title: Temp Graphic Designer
New York, NY
Duration: ASAP – TBD
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Design/execute advertising materials for Home & Home Brands encompassing digital & print formats such as online marketing, digital advertising, web content, social media, video, mailers, in-store collateral, catalogs, invitations, etc. to support a range of distribution channels. Do so with a sophisticated grasp of brand tiering.
* Excellent graphic design skills.
* Skilled in color proofing: capable of guiding post-production flow with retouching team - image mark ups, color accuracy, sensitivity to image mood & emotional impact.
* Strong photo research and editing ability for utilizing internal archive and outside resources.
* Knowledge of and interest in the area of home decor. Sophisticated grasp of elements of home style: architecture, authenticity, regional flavor, etc.
* Experience in catalog design a plus, as is video experience.
* Self-directed in interpreting assignments, gathering information and materials to complete projects. Proactive and intelligent in approach - reads copy, asks questions, etc.
* Contribute to development of campaigns as needed.
* Ability to support on-set art direction on straightforward shoots
* Adept communication skills for interfacing with Marketing, Creative Ops, the Studio, Retouching, Copy, etc.
* Maintain up-to-date and well-organized files on Advertising Server.
* Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Capture One, Outlook, Acrobat, familiarity with Illustrator
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
* 5 years' experience
* Exquisite design and typography aesthetic
* Creative imagination and Ideation
* Ability to work independently and within team managing several projects at once
* Expert experience in Adobe Creative Suite Experience with digital design: web, mobile, emails, etc.
* Background and strong interest in the Home dé cor industry
* Video experience a plus