Freelance Director, Digital & Print (Post Production)
603 W. 50th St. New York, NY 10019
JBC CLient: Major Fashion Brands
Job Title: Freelance Direction, Digital & Print (Post Production)
Location: New York, NY
Duration: ASAP - Estimated about 6 weeks.
The Production Director serves as the point person for the in-house creative agency as it pertains to print and digital asset development, layout, and production. This role reports directly into the Vice President, Creative Operations and partners in facilitating production workflow for all print and digital advertising assets, invites, and mailer/catalog deliverables for retail and wholesale businesses, promoting print production material with quality, cost efficiency, timeliness, and accuracy. The Production Director will oversee all internal Consumer Direct (ecommerce team) and external photo and retouching processes and will lead and manage the Production team on asset organization, workflow, quality control, project timelines, and deliverable deadlines. Reach out: Tmoldwin@JBCconnect.com
HOW YOU WORK
- Execute accurate advertising, Magazine, outdoor, catalog, digital, and collateral mechanicals as needed in a timely manner
- OVERSEE execution and delivery of printed materials
- Negotiate and source competitive pricing for all production deliverables
- Consult and provide recommendations regarding packaging, paper sourcing, specialty papers, and specialty printing including silkscreen, embossing, engraving, letter pressing and foil stamping
- Review and route all proofs/retouching rounds for markups and approval; ensure best cropping and positioning of mechanical elements and resource files, guidelines, specifications and templates whenever possible for creating mechanicals
- Liaise with internal digital tech, producer, and digital designers to oversee process for image capture, retouching, and delivery
- Adhere to brand guidelines and assure consistency for all assets
- Oversee all workflow, process and archiving for domestic, international and wholesale ecommerce thumbnails.
- Responsible for management of post-production specific annual global budgets.
- Responsible for working in tandem with Project Management team including but not limited to current and ongoing projects in the Workfront platform.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as a Production Manager or Director in an agency, production company, fashion/beauty brand or retail company
- Must have superior knowledge of retouching processes and best practices as well as a full understanding of creative and digital retouching processes
- Have a critical eye for color evaluation and color matching, capabilities of light retouching experience a plus.
- Experience with layout compositions and knowledge of typography
- Must have established relationships with a roster of retouching and print production vendors, across all budgets.
- Expert knowledge of paper sourcing, specialty papers, and specialty printing including silkscreen, embossing, debossing, engraving, letter pressing and foil stamping
- Work collaboratively and constructively on each project with others on the team including Project Managers, Merchants, other Creative Team members, etc.
- Be a proven facilitator of information, with exceptional organization and follow up skills.
- Must possess knowledge and usage for the following mac platforms: Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, Workfront or other Project Management platforms, DF Studio and Libris