Freelance, Web Designer
108 West 39th Street New York, NY 10018
Title of Job: Freelance, Web Designer
Company: Retail Company
Location: New York, NY
Compensation: Depends on Experience
Our client, a fashion retail company, is looking for a Freelance, Web Designer to join their team! This is a part time position that is 3 days a week, 24 hours/week, for 12 weeks. Are you a master HTML and JQuery coder with a passion for design? Then you should apply!
The Web designer is responsible for the creation of web promotions/campaigns. These will include emails, landing pages, home page refreshes, mobile updates and other promotional materials. You will be updating the website and web promotions in a timely fashion with market reactions such as fashion news/trends.
- Create and develop web promotions using graphics design software (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and InDesign etc.).
- Attend brand meetings to ensure creative elements are in line with brand requirements and brainstorming creative concepts with an eye on the feasibility of requests from a design perspective.
- Interprets creative “ look” of each promotion and builds/develops layouts of those materials assigned.
- Deploy site designs/redesigns and works with outside vendors to ensure redesign launches are on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’ s Degree (in design field a plus)
- 2+ years’ experience in web design.
- Tablet experience a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of the following: HTML, CSS, JQuery, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Strong creative skills in layout, typography, shape and color work a must. The ability to conceptualize several creative comps for presentation also a must.
- Expertise in current internet standards, including web browsers and browser specifications.
- Understanding of mobile devices and HTML5
- Experience with managing website content.
- Ability to learn new internet and authoring technologies relevant for website development.
- Understanding of dynamic or active and static web content
- Dedication to developing and implementing effective methods for meeting project deadlines.