Freelance, Visual Designer
555 Market Street San Francisco, CA 91405
Company: Ride Sharing Company
Role: Freelance, Visual Designer
Duration: 5/27-11/29 – can extend
Pay: Based on Experience
We are looking for a Visual Designer who will play a critical role in helping the team find the best available options to execute campaigns across a variety of marketing channels; such as e-mail, blogs, landing pages and traditional online digital ads. This role will entail, communicating effectively with the creative/art directors, designers, copywriters, developers, project and marketing managers.
This person should be able to think beyond a single channel execution, identify new opportunities and execute on complex design & communication strategies. Be prepared to develop concepts and ideas from the ground up, pitch ideas to leadership, and create compelling, relevant, and meaningful work.
As a Visual Designer, you’ ll work on multiple projects, prioritizing as needed and efficiently manage time while receiving strategic and tactical direction. You’ ll intelligently explore the problem space with a high degree of autonomy, using the appropriate tools and levels of fidelity. Owning the design process end-to-end, moving from concept through to shipping, at multiple fidelity levels and producing handoffs to support that process.
- Advise and maintain best practices for CRM
- Create consistent work that fit within the brand guidelines
- Produce digital marketing assets including email, landing pages, blog posts, and social
- Ensure quality is high in all aspects of execution
- Develop detailed design specs for production
- Identify blockers before they happen, suggest solutions to work process and systems
- Elevate the level of work with attention to detail and ability to think outside of the box
- Produce work that has measurable customer impact.
- Present and promote features and product so customers understand the benefits and what they are getting
- Excellent conceptual thinker
- Excellent communicator
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional design at high volumes under tight timelines
- 4-6 years of visual design experience
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Adobe Creative Cloud Libraries
- Beginner to intermediate experience with Sketch and Figma
- Basic knowledge of HTML and working with Developers
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of digital design best practices
- Deep knowledge of different export file types and file optimization
- Expert knowledge of typographic best practices and design hierarchy
- Digital animation experience a plus
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment