Freelance, Technical Project Manager
108 West 39th Street 7th Fl Suite # 710 New York, NY 10018
Title: Freelance, Technical Project Manager
Client: Creative Agency
Location: DUMBO, Brooklyn
Compensation: hourly, commensurate with experience.
We are seeking an experienced (5+ years) Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master for an immediate, onsite freelance engagement in DUMBO Brooklyn. The ideal candidate will have Proven expertise in managing the delivery of mid-to-large web/enterprise applications. Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-product line environment, define and track cross-team dependencies over technical and non-technical groups (application development, Product Management, Operations, Sales and business operations for example).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage and track the progress of software engineering work
- Coordinate cross-team integration efforts
- Oversee end-to-end integration testing for application rollout
- Facilitate change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of impacts on schedule and budget
- Monitor, track, and report on project progress
- Coordinate creation of training documentation and training
- Ensure proper functioning of the platforms and recommend upgrades as necessary
- Escalate issues, risks, and decisions to project leadership and develop mitigating actions
- Coordinate product releases and escalate issues proactively
- Ensure standards, procedures, and methodologies in the delivery life cycle are followed.
- Communicate deployment and production status and issues to management
- Coordinate internal and external resources for the execution of projects
- Collaborate collectively and effectively to resolve differences and mitigate risks
Skills & Expertise
- 5+ years of in-depth experience in SDLC, solutions design, and delivery of enterprise level solutions as a Technical Program Manager at a technology company
- Experienced and comfortable working with both technology and business teams in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, RUP)
- Experience using and enhancing enterprise project and portfolio management systems (i.e. Smartsheet, JIRA, Confluence, Basecamp, Asana etc.)
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers, yet represent accurately the perspective of Technology
- Solid understanding of project management concepts, methods, and best practices
- Are data-driven and results-oriented to effectively and efficiently deliver on project objectives, with the ability to bridge between business and technical stakeholders
- Ability to work productively with all levels in a large organization
- Technical experience in Oracle WCS or RESTful web services development is a plus
- Must have strong analytical abilities, negotiation/presentation skills, and organizational/planning abilities.
- Experience working directly with clients and providing consultation - Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications. An advanced degree is also preferred