Freelance, Synopsis Editor: Japanese Content Specialist(REMOTE)
100 Winchester Cir. Los Gatos, CA 95032
JBCconnect Client: Global Media Streaming Service
Title: Freelance, Synopsis Editor: Japanese Content Specialist
Location: Remote-daily communication with teams in Los Gatos, California and Japan, and occasional visits to both offices
Rate: Based on Experience
Duration: 4 months
Our client, a global media streaming service, is currently seeking a seasoned editor- who has proven proficiency in editing and writing world-class copy in English- to cover our Senior Japanese Editor during a leave of absence.
This editor will have a demonstrable passion for Japan-origin movies and television, understand current Japanese entertainment trends and have substantial project management experience. Although this role is remote, it will demand daily communication with teams in California and Japan, and occasional visits to the offices.
As the person responsible for product writing for the Japanese market, you' ll edit and assist with writing title-level synopses for every title in the catalog. With a special focus on local-origin content, you' ll work with a talented team of entertainment writers and colleagues in Japan and California to build the context around titles and help connect users to the content they love. The ideal candidate is an experienced editor, an exceptional writer, and equally confident taking on complex multi-stage project launches and detailed copy editing.
- Manage titles: assign them to writers, monitor calendars, oversee writers' workloads
- Review assignments for upcoming releases to make sure copy deliverables are meeting deadlines
- Edit for style, following internal style guides and AP Stylebook
- Copy edit for tone, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Partner with regional teams to understand priorities in the market
- Collaborate with other writers and editors to offer feedback and load-balance assignments
- Align editorial workflows with U.S. counterparts
- Respond to market-specific questions from internal partners
- Sync with the Tokyo and California teams about the day' s events via Slack and Google Hangouts.
- Native proficiency in Japanese and English
- Exceptional ability in short-form writing and editing
- Consistent, voracious consumer of Japanese media
- Mastery of AP style and confident ability to break those rules when needed
- Excellent organizational skills
- Project management experience
- Flexibility to connect in real time with teams in satellite offices around the globe
- Ability to provide constructive, direct feedback
- Intense focus on the member experience
- Obsessive attention to detail and dedication to seeing projects through to completion
- Ability to thrive in a fast-changing, candid work environment
- Strong communication skills