Freelance, SEM Planner
33 Irving Plaza New York, NY 10003
JBCconnect Client: Creative Agency
Title: Freelance, SEM Planner
Duration: 20 hours per week, 2 month contract, starting ASAP
Our client is searching for a Digital Media Planner to join their emerging Performance Display team.
What you' ll do: You' ll work closely with your manager to provide strategic media plans. You' ll assist with day-to-day planning to keep things running smoothly. And you' ll nurture client relationships with ease.
What you' ll need: A basic knowledge of all digital channels – SEM, SEO, Mobile, and Social; you understand display specific best practices and language nuances; and you bring a collaborative mindset.
You have a few years of experience under your belt, and you bring a strong understanding of your clients' business success. You' re humble, creative, and ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work. Curious? Let' s get in touch!
- Working in conjunction with team to provide strategic media plans, holistic recommendations and top quality services to multiple small-medium sized clients
- Responsible for assisting with day-to-day planning, execution, optimization, and project management of digital media plans
- Assist in preparing & auditing all client facing reporting
- Learn & gather information on industry trends & competitive reporting
- Nurture & maintain strong relationships with vendors
- Work closely with Sr Media Planner and/or Sr Manager to create cohesive recommendations and holistic digital performance results as well as cross-channel teams
- Assist Display team and Business Development team in planning of new business or RFPs
- Capable of managing client-direct relationships
- Learning on the Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems, relentless learner, open to change, improves, enjoys challenges and finding solutions
- Presentation Skills - Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings, gains positive attention, changes tactics that aren' t working
- Customer Focus - Dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations to customers, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard, full of energy for new challenges, seizes opportunity
- Functional/ technical skills - Strong functional and technical knowledge and skills within paid media
- 2-3 years of digital media planning & buying experience with a focus on direct response marketing goals
- Experienced with DSPs/Programmatic ad companies, Networks and Site Direct Buys a must
- Excellent communications (written/verbal), presentation, and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools such as DoubleClick is desired
- Proficient PowerPoint and Excel skills a must