Freelance, Graphic Designer
37 East 18th St 4th Floor New York, NY 10010
JBCconnect Client: Vibrant sock brand
Title: Freelance, Graphic Designer(Email)
Duration: Starting September, temp to perm depending on performance and business needs. Will at least go through the rest of the year.
We are looking for an energetic and knowledgeable Freelance Graphic Designer (Email focused)to join our Creative Team. This is a freelance to permanent position with an initial assignment of 3 months. This position may become permanent subject to performance and business needs. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, motivated, and able to think and execute creatively, with a high degree of craft. The Freelance Graphic Designer (Email) will report to the Creative and Art Directors and will be responsible for the creation of marketing promotions, web assets, online acquisition creative, email banner content, editorial compositions and print collateral. Candidates should have a proven ability and portfolio that demonstrate an editorial thought process with designs that adhere to brand guidelines and maintain brand voice, while simultaneously pushing the status quo. We are looking for a conceptual thinker that has experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing and energetic environment.
- Development and execution of email designs for holiday campaigns, one-off promotions, and brand communications
- Create innovative email designs using animated GIFs, clever use of typography, layout, and photography
- Build Clean Photoshop files that can be used and worked on later by other team members if needed
- Maintain and evolve graphic and brand standards for emails
- Follow and maintain brand identity characteristics, typography, photography, color etc., evolving when necessary.
- Communicate timelines, specs and needs effectively to ensure timely delivery of assets.
- Work with Art Director, design team, and Email Retention team on holiday email strategy and execution
What you’ ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun which is why we host team lunches in office, host offsite team outings, and host two annual company retreats.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all team members receive equity in the business.
- We have no limit on vacation, work from home or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world.
- We have three dogs in the office and we welcome more (unless you have a fear of dogs, in which case you’ ll hate it here)
What we’ ll love about you:
- You’ re a team player who is willing and happy to help.
- You believe in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back.
- You’ re positive, generally happy, and a joy to be around.
- You are inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- You’ re fun, interesting and weird...in a good way!
What you bring:
- Ability to work independently, balanced with strong collaboration skills.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience designing for the web (ecommerce, emails, online branding, other digital & print medium experience a plus)
- Basic understanding of the constraints and capabilities of working with developers and web technologies.
- Online portfolio that features a strong mix of branding, typographic, and self-initiated work.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, other Adobe Suite Apps a plus.
- Photo retouching skills.
- Front-end and email HTML, CSS experience, AfterEffects experience a big plus.
- Must love dogs.