1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94026
Title of Job: Event Manager
Company/Job Description: JBCconnect is partnering with the world’ s largest social media platform and technology company.
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Salary: Depending upon experience
Start Date: ASAP, 2 year contract
- This role is responsible for managing marketing events under the direction of a Global Event Manager - Comms + Policy.
- The role will work with internal partners to flawlessly execute events and ensure client expectations are met.
- The role will manage events from start to finish, which includes:
- Sourcing venues, caterers, and production vendors
- Accurately forecast needs and manage event budgets for promotional materials, catering, venues, and other event production needs
- Maintaining event registration lists and attendee communication
- Route invoices and record payments accurately into budget trackers
- Coordinating on-site vendors
- Ensure clients needs are met throughout the entire event lifecycle.
- Must develop and execute integrated plan and logistics for each event, from initial planning to on-site event management and post event follow up.
- Source event vendors and needs, including hotels, off-site venues, caterers and others.
- Maintain accuracy and accountability of event budget, create event execution and work back plans, evaluate results against goals, deliver wrap-up reports, and generate learnings for improvement.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with strong ability to adapt to changing environments and prioritizing tasks
- Proven experience in effective communications, consumer and client relations, and management
- Resourceful and can find a way to make things happen
- Flexible and quick approach to event challenges
- Frequent travel required throughout North America