Event Manager - Internal Events
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025
Title of Job: Event Manager – Internal Events
Company/Job Description: JBCconnect is partnering with the world’ s largest social media platform and technology company.
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Salary: Depending upon experience
Start Date: ASAP, 12 month contract
- Must develop and execute integrated plan and logistics for each event, from initial planning to on-site event management and post event follow up.
- Negotiate contracts and manage suppliers including hotels, off-site venues, caterers and others.
- Maintain accuracy and accountability of event budget, manage final billing and reconciliation, evaluate results against goals, deliver wrap-up reports, and generate learnings for improvement.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with strong ability to adapt to changing environments and prioritizing tasks
- Proven experience in effective communications, consumer and client relations, and management
- Develop a playbook for executing events that can be used by onsite staff and internal teams
- Resourceful and can find a way to make things happen
- Flexible and quick approach to event challenges
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a customer-facing role in high-volume events management or facilities operations.
- Customer service and problem solving skills
- Experience in creating and implementing timelines
- Project Management skills
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external partners
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage and supervise onsite