Director of UX, Apps
680 Folsom Street San Francisco, CA 94107
Job Title: UX Design Manger
Location: San Francisco
- Help drive a digital transformation in one of the most recognizable brands in the US.
- Leads and manages domain experience design vision that meets long term business goals and user needs (as measured by KPI’ s and user success metrics).
- Partners with product management and technology, and develops UX design vision for assigned domains (business units) that aligns to overall strategic vision for assigned domains.
- Partners with product management to define strategy success metrics for assigned domains, including business goals and user needs for assigned domains. Partners with user research management to define user success metrics for assigned domains.
- Evangelizes UX design vision and the importance of UX design across the company, and acts as spokesperson and representative to senior management and outside departments, advocating for UXD involvement across all customer touch points.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and thought leader on user experience design for assigned domain.
- Minimum 7 years UX/UI design experience across consumer mobile applications, websites, or retail stores with at least 2 years in a lead design role.
- BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design. Masters degree preferred.
- Strong thought leadership and UX design vision skills, including strong analytical, strategic, and conceptual design skills.
- Deep knowledge designing for mobile apps and responsive web experiences; well versed in user interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design.
- Strong ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions.
- Expert project management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development; ability to effectively delegate responsibilities and tasks to staff managers and designers.
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to attract and retain world class talent, as well as the ability to align resources to business needs while supporting the career development of staff members. Ability to inspire, develop, and coach team members.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with all levels of business leaders; ability to influence and cultivate relationship with key business stakeholders in the organization
- Exceptional negotiation skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate both business-facing and IT technology solutions among peers and to executive leadership.
- Sound business judgment: the ability to identify the business objectives, develop and implement a business strategy on projects; capable of making reliable business decisions during execution.
- Must have a strong portfolio that clearly articulates how complex problems are solved by your user experience designs.