Director of Product Management - Ecommerce
108 w 39 ny, NY 10022
Title of Job: Director of Product Management - Ecommerce
Company/Job Description: Fast growing retail startup
Location: New York, New York
The Director of Product Management is responsible for the overall customer experience for our client’ s site visitors working with multiple teams across marketing, merchandising, and development. This candidate will lead efforts to create a high-performance site experience with a focus on improving engagement, conversion, AOV and overall revenue through testing and optimization.
This individual should have a strong understanding of how people shop online and how cross-channel and social platforms integrate with ecommerce websites. We’ re looking for someone customer and data driven with a strong background improving site performance and usability for hyper-growth brands.
- Responsible for the overall customer experience for our site visitors working with multiple teams across marketing, merchandising, and development.
- Manage strategic roadmap, working with outsourced dev team and platform as well as internal UX team to drive a high-performance site experience with a focus on optimizing engagement, conversion, AOV and overall revenue.
- Build and drive a testing culture. Bring a data-driven approach to site analysis and customer research, develop and prioritize test ideas, and synthesize insights for site optimization to improve user experience and lift KPIs.
- Create a seamless discovery, shopping and purchase experience across all digital platforms.
- Bring a mobile-first vision and drive significant wins on mobile optimization.
- Lead and support projects including UI/UX, navigation, path to purchase, multi-channel capabilities, product recommendations and user-generated & social content opportunities to enhance the digital experience.
- Bring new ideas and innovative approaches to digital experiences to drive growth and conversion.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- 8+ years of experience in online product management ideally within the ecommerce space.
- Subject matter expertise in web production, site operations, UI/UX, features and functionalities, site merchandising, testing & optimization, and mobile.
- Strong leadership, influencing and communication skills with ability to interact, influence and align with all levels of the organization, both internal and external.
- Ability to think end-to-end from both the customer and business perspective and position solutions with consideration for impact on all relevant business operations as a whole.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinker with exceptional execution and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong project management skills with proven track record of delivering high quality work under tight timelines.
- Demonstrate sound decision-making and judgment with ability to react quickly under pressure.
Salary: commensurate with experience