Director of Marketing
36 Discovery Irvine, CA 92618
Job Title: Director of Marketing
Salary: $100k + bonus
Our client, a world leader in managing and developing events for medical education in the aesthetics and anti-aging business is looking for a Marketing Director. In this role, you will be charged with developing and managing the marketing strategy for a growing portfolio in medical aesthetic events and publications. You will be responsible for achieving event revenue, audience and sales/sponsorship targets, ad publication subscription and sales targets, as well as ensuring that quality standards are met or exceeded.
Success in this role is defined by the achievement of agreed revenue, attendance and sales goals, as well as leading direct reports and continual collaboration with other team members.
- Develops and implements strategic and tactical marketing plans to support the business’ goals; oversees and manages execution of plans.
- Develops the look, feel and voice with consistency for each brand, and across all channels
- Develops and manages segmentation plans, and key messaging points to target audiences.
- Ensures all communications are appropriately targeted and messaged for optimum results.
- Responsible for all database development and data capture -related activities and technologies for the brands
- Development and manage special events at our conferences and trade shows
- Manages telesales/customer service to ensure optimum productivity, conversions and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and manage quotas and goals for telesales teams
- Maintain and monitor weekly productivity, budget trackers and review customer insights, campaign performance and ROI against KPIs.
- Develop and distribute reporting
- Ongoing tracking of marketing budgets and forecasting
- Development and management of all research
- Responsible for identifying and developing relationships with strategic partners
- Liaison with Marketing at group office in Paris for management of tools, and determining cross event marketing synergies and strategies.
- Four-year college degree in marketing, business or a related field, with at least 5 years management experience in B2B event marketing.
- Proven success in audience development and growth, through the integrated planning and execution of marketing campaigns, including direct mail, telemarketing, digital media, database marketing, online marketing, web sites, search engines, social media, and advertising
- Must be analytical with ability to quantify results of marketing programs, and take actions when and if necessary to drive growth
- Experience with Social media: paid and organic content, editorial calendar management
- Experience with Marketing automation campaign planning and delivery, including software such as Eloqua, Marketo or ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar database and email marketing platforms
- Experience with social analytics, listening or content distribution tools such as Hootsuite, Radian6, or Sprout Social or similar
- Experience with web sites, mobile apps, SEM/SEO, IP targeting, etc
- Experience with Marketing automation campaign planning and delivery, including software such as Eloqua, Marketo or ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar email marketing platforms
- Strong communication and writing skills, including copywriting and face to face
- Travel is required by both ground and air, up to 30%.