Director of DevOps
San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94133
Title of Job: Director of DevOps and Product Support
Company Description: Ecommerce tech platform
Location: San Francisco
SF based mega Ecommerce company is looking for a Director of Tech Ops to oversee the DevOps and Product Support functions for their growing platform. This position will be the key interface to the Engineering and Product Management teams ensuring product efficiency and needs of the customer.
As a leader you will communicate effectively across multiple stakeholders both internally/externally to ensure requirements are taken into consideration for the operational health of the business.
This position will also be the voice from the consumer to the rest of the organization.
- Work closely with Engineering leadership to provide cloud infrastructure needs.
- Work with cross-functional teams collaborating during conceptual design, development, implementation and deployment.
- Evangelize best operational practices for high performance hosting solutions company-wide.
- Work hand in hand with our external vendors, service providers, and partners in determining the best/appropriate technical solutions for achieving operational excellence and continuity.
- Work with our product and platform solutions team on future designs and features to ensure that what we want to build is feasible, well-thought-out, and can be operational within the infrastructure.
- Build best-in-class technical operations centered functions for the overall monitoring, alerting, management and escalation of all technology infrastructure services.
- Support modern technology stack for Engineering team that will deliver new product for continuous rapid agile release cycles (incl. Development, DevOps, Database, EDW, Containers, and Cloud teams)
- Develop processes to help gather, track, and systematize issues; assess their validity and route appropriately
- Build a Product Support team from scratch
- Ensure full engagement by the coinciding team. Develop strong principles/protocols and ongoing improvement approach for future support adjustments.
Reports to CTO.
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience
- Hands on AWS and/or Google cloud experience
- 10+ years of professional technology experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Experience managing a DevOps team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Zendesk experience or equivalent
These will set you apart:
- E-commerce experience
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
- A competitive salary.
- Exceptional Stock options
- 401k with generous company match.
-Standing desk standard, with high-performance Mac or Windows laptop, external monitors and anything else you might need to do your work.
- Beautiful workspace with landscape views of the bay.